2019 is an important year in the history of the Powys Lodge of MMM No 685, with it's Centenary due to be reached on 21st May 2019, which will be marked by a special meeting, due to be held at Kettering Masonic Hall.
We hope other Lodges in the Province will support us on this memorable day to honour the memory of our many predecessors & to wish us well for the next 100 years!
Just to put into context, some events which took place during 1919, following the devastation & largest ever loss of life during WW1:
- George V was King
- Lloyd George was Prime Minister (coalition)
- First non stop transatlantic flight
- Scuttling of German warships at Scapa Flow
- Treaty of Versailles
- Town & Country Planning Act, targets to build 500K council houses by 1922
- 11th November - the first remembrance day
- First Woman MP (Nancy Astor)
We have already raised some funds internally for the banner, charter, history leaflet of the Lodge & its members - the banner has been approved & is now in process of being made.
Full details of the Centenary meeting will be sent nearer the time to all Mark Brethren in the Province.
WBro David Crocker
Worshipful Master Powys Lodge of MMM